Sunday, September 15, 2013

Get The Apple iPad Mini For Christmas

I have the Apple iPad mini and I absolutely love it!  My teens have been more into the Apple products than I have (I think it's a right of passage for teenagers or something) but this is my first time using them.

Oh sure, maybe the regular size iPad is easier to read and everyone has them, kind of like a belly button (lol) but there was a very specific reason I wanted the mini.

I wanted something that was very easy to type with because I work online a lot.  I wanted a tablet that fit a little more naturally into my hands and that would let me easily type, and quickly, without the need to carry a keyboard or prop it up on a stand or lay it down on a table (not always available).




The Lower Price Helps

For many of us having an iPad with a lower price tag is also important.  The mini was cheaper but still gives me all the options of the regular size.  It also allows you to pay for extra memory if that's of interest to you.

For example: a 16 GB will cost you around $337.00 with WiFi while a 32 GB will cost you around $414.00 to $429.00 with WiFi (check for exact prices wherever you buy).

On the other hand, a regular size iPad will cost you easily another $100.00, depending, of course, on the memory, if it's got "retina Display" or if it's an iPad2.  These are definite considerations if your looking to get on the Apple bandwagon like I did.  Again, I would advise you to check your local prices or online to ensure you have current prices.

Packing Convenience

I also find it much easier to carry the mini iPad with me; whether it's in a brief case, backpack, or even a zippered folder.  It's always handier and easier to pull out and use.

Whether you carry one for work or school I think this is a huge advantage over the regular size tablets.  It's smaller, which means that with the right winter jacket you can even tuck it away in a convenient inside pocket.  I'm a huge fan of these kinds of jackets so guaranteed I will be trying this out this winter.

My Recommendation

I stayed basic and simple and got the iPad mini (white) with 16 GB (shown above).  I'm very pleased with this and use it every day.  It's been easy to carry around and lets you zero in on available WiFi very quickly, like all the Apple products do.

This has been a great addition to my online work and I'm just learning about the huge numbers of apps available and, yes, the online games.  Too addicting but so much fun.  And a lot easier to play with the mini.

Thanks for reading and enjoy shopping this Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment